Photo: HeLa cells are recorded by Femto2D-Galvo microscope upgraded with confocal unit: FITC labeled actin (green), Hoechst labeled nuclei (red).
2 in1 solution: two-photon microscope with confocal mode: the confocal unit of Femtonics is designed for researchers who need to extend their two-photon microscopy research also with confocal imaging. The main advantage of our confocal microscope is that it was developed to perform measurements is living tissues. Flexible software tools support different stimulus protocols, parallel electrophysiological recordings and synchronization of other lab instruments necessary for physiological measurements. Fast photo activation using one or two parallel laser lines is also possible during fluorescent measurements without damaging the high sensitivity GaAsP detectors.
Confocal unit is equipped with all-color fiber laser, up to 4 laser lines can be coupled in. Available laser lines: 405 nm, 445 nm, 473 nm, 488 nm, 515 nm, 532 nm, 561 nm, 640 nm.
High sensitivity GaAsP detectors
High sensitivity detectors are able to detect light from 300 nm to 750 nm wavelengths. The color specific properties of the detectors are achieved by specific dichroic mirrors, which separate the emitted light into different wavelength bands and relays the specific wavelength band into the PMT. The optical design of the system allows simultaneous detection of three different wavelengths.
Motorized filter cubes/motorized light path switch
The central part of the confocal system is a motorized cube holder with 4 positions. Cube transmitting mode-locked IR laser for two-photon excitation microscopy may be also located here.
- Dichroic mirrors: inside the confocal unit a central dichroic mirror ensures the transmittance of the excitation light and relays the emitted light to the scanner.
- High efficacy specific filters: color-specificity of the detectors is further improved by built-in band pass filters before detectors. Band pass filters are highly specific for their wavelength band (T.95-99%), but blocks the transmission of other wavelengths by high order (min 6) of magnitude.
- Arresting motorized pinhole wheel with 4 different pinhole size
Benefits of the two-photon microscope
- deeper tissue penetration (down to 850 µm) by IR laser
- excitation only in the focal point
- low phototoxicity and photobleaching