The Femto2D-Dual microscope gives the ability to perform dual scanning using both galvo and resonant scanners in tandem. With galvo scanner you can zoom to tiny structures such as dendritic spines and jump quickly between these zoomed regions. In contrast, with resonant scanner you can capture images with high frame rate to follow rapid changes on the FOV.
Choose the best scanning mode which fits your imaging requirements:
- resonant scanner ensures high speed image acquisition up to 31 frames per second (fps) over the whole FOV
- galvo scanner provides flexible ROI scanning opportunities.
Revealing subtle changes of the evoked signals based on the following achievements:
- the shortest possible optical path allows enhanced photon collection efficiency thanks to our patented travelling detector system,
- using the highest sensitivity GaAsP photomultipliers (quantum efficiency >40%) optimized for scattered photons,
- carefully chosen high quality filtersets.
The modular nature of the microscope supports to extend it with many upgrade elements ensuring a future proof performance in all kinds of optical-physiology measurements (dendritic imaging, uncaging, optogenetics, parallel electrophysiology, etc.).
- Microglia protect against brain injury and their selective elimination dysregulates neuronal network activity after stroke. Szalay G, Matinecz B, Lenart B, Kornyei Z, Orsolits B, Judak L, Csaszar E, Fekete R, West BL, Katona G, Rozsa B, Denes A, Nature Communications (2016)