The Femto2D-Galvo is a galvanometric scanner based two-photon microscope which allows functional imaging focusing on the region-of-interest. Scanning only the ROI and skipping the background establish fast imaging speed to follow rapid changes and high signal-to-noise ratio to reveal more signals.
The galvanometric scanner – commonly called "galvo" – consists of two galvanometer based motor driven mirrors allowing arbitrary positioning of the focal spot. High accuracy and this positioning freedom support flexible approaches for ROI creation.
Revealing subtle changes of the evoked signals based on the following achievements:
- scanning only the interesting part of the FOV and skipping the background allows to reach high signal-to-noise ratio,
- the shortest possible optical path allows enhanced photon collection efficiency thanks to our patented travelling detector system,
- using the highest sensitivity GaAsP photomultipliers (quantum efficiency >40%) optimized for scattered photons,
- carefully chosen high quality filtersets.
The modular nature of the microscope supports to extend it with many upgrade elements ensuring a future proof performance in all kinds of optical-physiology measurements (dendritic imaging, uncaging, optogenetics, parallel electrophysiology, etc.). Tell us the concept, we create it.
- Combined two-photon imaging, electrophysiological, and anatomical investigation of the human neocortex in vitro. Balint Peter Kerekes, Kinga Toth, Attila Kaszas, Balazs Chiovini, Zoltan Szadai, Gergely Szalay, Denes Palfi, Attila Bago, Klaudia Spitzer, Balazs Rozsa, Istvan Ulbert, Lucia Wittner, Neurophotonics (2014)
Enhanced Dendritic Action Potential Backpropagation in Parvalbumin-positive Basket Cells During Sharp Wave Activity. B. Chiovini, GF. Turi, G. Katona, A. Kaszas, F. Erdelyi, G. Szabo, H. Monyer, A. Csakanyi, ES. Vizi, B. Rozsa, Neurochemical Research (2010)
Local Postsynaptic Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel Activation in Dendritic Spines of Olfactory Bulb Granule Cells. Wolfgang G. Bywalez, Dinu Patirniche, Vanessa Rupprecht, Martin Stemmler, Andreas V.M. Herz, Denes Palfi, Balazs Rozsa, Veronica Egger, Neuron (2015)
MRZ-99030 - A novel modulator of Aβ aggregation: II - Reversal of Aβ oligomer-induced deficits in long-term potentiation (LTP) and cognitive performance in rats and mice. Rammes G, Gravius A, Ruitenberg M, Wegener N, Chambon C, Sroka-Saidi K, Jeggo R, Staniaszek L, Spanswick D, O'Hare E, Palmer P, Kim EM, Bywalez W, Egger V, Parsons CG, Neuropharmacology (2015)
Matching Cell Type to Function in Cortical Circuits. Luc Estebanez, Jens Kremkow, James F.A. Poulet, Neuron (2015)
Plasticity of intrinsic excitability in mature granule cells of the dentate gyrus. Jeffrey Lopez-Rojas, Martin Heine & Michael R. Kreutz, Nature (2016)