Full field illumination with LED light source allows stimulating molecules and cells over large surfaces, e.g. on the whole FOV. The LED is installed into the light path above the objective. Several wavelengths are available for fluorescence microscopy. The impulses of the LED are precisely timed and highly repeatable.
- typical wavelengths: 430, 450, 480, 590 nm, others on special request
- down to 200 μm penetration depth (sample and wavelength dependent)
- precisely timed and highly repeatable impulses
- equipped on the objective arm
- PMT protection during the stimulation by built-in gating system
During the LED illumination, the PMTs is needed to protect from high-energy photons implemented visible light, which can be established by a built-in, high speed gating system in the PMT. Applying of advanced gated PMT system allows sub-millisecond switching between visible light stimulation and detection by PMT. The protector system increases also the lifetime of the detector.
In optogenetics, using LED illumination allows simultaneous activation of photosensitive molecules such as channelrhodopsin (ChR2) or halorhodopsin (NpHR) on large surface. The evoked changes can be followed in parallel using two-photon imaging. We offer the 473 nm LED for exciting ChR2 and the 561 nm LED for exciting halorhodopsin.